Learn about services that arborists, provide criteria for selecting and arborist, and the benefits of hiring an ISA Certified Arborist from West Richland. We will continue our series in why it’s important to hire an Arborist.
Other Services of an Arborist
Many arborists provide a variety of other tree care services, including:
- Plant Health Care or preventative maintenance to keep trees in good health while reducing insect, disease, or site problems
- Fertilization and soil modifications for improved tree health
- Cabling or bracing for added support to branches with weak limbs
- Soil aeration to improve root growth
- installation of lightning protection systems
- applications to manage certain insect and disease problems
- consulting and legal expert services related to trees
Selecting The Right Arborist
Check for membership in professional organizations such as the International Society of Arboriculture, the Tree Care Industry Association, or the American Society of Consulting Arborists. Such membership demonstrates a willingness on the part of the arborist to stay up to date on the latest techniques and information.
Check for ISA arborist certification. ISA Certified Arborists are experience professionals who have passed an extensive examination covering all aspects of tree care.
Ask for proof of insurance and then phone the insurance company if you are not satisfied. A reputable arborist carries personal and property damage insurance as well as workers’ compensation insurance.
We will continue with our series of why you should hire an arborist for all of your West Richland tree maintenance needs. Continue to Part 4.
Keep in mind that having trees on your property comes with a little bit of maintenance. With just a little maintenance, you can prevent most major pitfalls. You won’t have to be worried about trees causing property damage or even worse, personal injury. We look forward to discussing your tree maintenance needs. We have trained arborists in the Tri-Cities that are professional and that can answer any questions you have.