Learn about services that arborists, provide criteria for selecting and arborist, and the benefits of hiring an ISA Certified Arborist from West Richland. We will continue our series in why it’s important to hire an Arborist. Continuing with the selection of the right arborist:
- Check your arborist for the necessary permits and licenses. Some governmental agencies require contractors to apply for permits and/or to apply for a license before they are able to work.
- Ask for references to find out where the company has down similar work to what you need. Don’t hesitate to check references or visit other work sites where the company or individual has done work.
- Get more than one estimate, unless you know and are comfortable with your arborist. You may have to pay for the estimates, and it will take more time, but it will be worth the effort.
- Don’t always accept the low bid. You should examine the credentials and the written specifications of the firms that submitted bids and determine the best combination of price, work to be done, skill, and professionalism to protect your substantial investment.
- Be wary of individuals who go door to door and offer bargains for performing tree work. More reputable companies are too busy to solicit work in this manner.
- Keep in mind that good arborists will perform only industry accepted practices. For example, practices such as topping a tree, removing excessive amounts of live wood, using climbing spikes on trees that are not being removed, and removing or disfiguring living trees without just cause are improper practices and violate industry standards.
We will continue with our series of why you should hire an arborist for all of your Pasco tree maintenance needs. Continue to Part 5.
Keep in mind that having trees on your property comes with a little bit of maintenance. With just a little maintenance, you can prevent most major pitfalls. You won’t have to be worried about trees causing property damage or even worse, personal injury. We look forward to discussing your tree maintenance needs. We have trained arborists in the Tri-Cities that are professional and that can answer any questions you have.